I talk to people all the time about the importance of creating an ecourse for their blogs. It’s actually the main focus of this blog.
Most people are excited about what the prospects of an online course could do for their traffic, authority, community, and income.
The largest resistance comes from people who are unsure of, not only how to start but, what to teach. I get comments like, “I’m a SAHM/WAHM blogger,” or “but I’m a travel blogger” and “I’m a mommy blogger, what can I possibly teach?”
I always remind them that their blog is just like a micro-classroom where they are teaching their audience the ins and outs of the blogger’s passion.
An ecourse is pretty much the same but uses a wide variety of media to illustrate their content, such as video, audio, Power Point slides, graphics, as well as written text. It’s just encapsulated into modules instead of web posts.
I’ve decided to write a series of posts to give bloggers, in a wide area of interests, ideas they can use or build upon to create their own ecourses.
I’m going to start with Mommy Bloggers as they represent a huge segment of the groups that I’m in on Facebook.
- Crafts for kids or family – Instead of just choosing one craft, come up with a half dozen or more ideas and script out some video lessons. Keep the craft ideas in one general area like appliqué, or working with clay.
- Budget Travel for Family – Plan out a popular destination and how to get the most out of the vacation while spending as little as possible.
- Finding self love when you’re the giver – Teach other busy moms how to find the time to take care of their own emotional well being so they can be all there for their families.
- Balancing life between home, family, and career – Teach other moms how to reduce complicated tasks into easier tasks so they can fit more value into their limited time.
- Home economics – Teach other moms how to teach their children tasks they can handle such as doing the laundry, cooking easy meals, how to sew or repair clothing, and the importance of keeping a tidy living space.
- Fiscal responsibility – Teach moms how to make and keep to a budget, how and where to save money for emergencies, how to use coupons and save at the grocery store, or how to get out of debt by reducing or replacing costly habits.
- Photography – Teach how to get the most out of a point and shoot camera or a DSLR.
- Internet Safety – How to teach moms and their children to be safe online, how to use and monitor social media, and how to avoid predators and report bullies.
- How to start Homeschooling – Speaks for itself but many moms just don’t know how to take the first steps.
- How to become a brand ambassador – Teach other mommy bloggers how to create a press kit, how to approach brands to get free products to test and review. How to review and how and where to share the review.
Calling All Mommy Bloggers
If you’re a mommy blogger, you should copy these 10 eCourse ideas down and maybe expand upon them. You’ve already narrowed your niche down on your blog so choose one of these ideas that closely resemble what you’re already posting about on your blog and make it the focus of your course.
If you haven’t already, you can snag my free email mini course on creating an eCourse here. Or, if you want to just jump right in and start creating a course, I would recommend checking out Thinkific where they will help you launch your new course with all the payment gateways already in place.
If you think you have some ideas other than the ones I posted above, I’d be happy to hear about them in the comments below.