What goes into a successful blog?
One of the biggest trends in blogging right now is in peer to peer education through the use of eCourses. Several years ago Darren Rowse of Problogger offered “The 5 C’s” of blogging which in his professional opinion are the essentials to having a successful blog.
In my professional opinion, a well developed eCourse has all 5 of his “C’s” which makes it the number one goal to strive for in making this blog a success.
So, you’re probably asking yourself (if you haven’t already clicked through to his original article) what the 5 C’s are. I’m happy to explain in detail what they are and how they relate to an eCourse.
- Incredibly useful CONTENT – An eCourse is made up entirely of incredibly useful content such as written text, audio, video, visuals and infographics, as well as quizzes and tests. This is content that helps solve a problem or rather teaches solutions.
- A basis for COMMUNITY – An entire online community can be built around a single eCourse through the use of specialized eCourse Platforms, as well as private groups on Facebook, Google+, as well as through private membership sites within your own blogs.
- Makes a CONNECTION with your audience – By surveying your blog audience to find out what their major concerns are within your given niche, you can create courses that are specific to those concerns. This opens the opportunity to create several eCourses to address those concerns.
- A valuable CONTRIBUTION to the lives of your visitors – If you market your course correctly and use conversion funnels you will attract the exact type of visitors that will find the most use for your courses. They will also become your cadre of promoters through their social media accounts because they’ll want to share where they found solutions to the problems they were struggling with.
- Puts CASH in your pocket – There is no doubt that an ecourse can be a profitable tool in the monetization of your blog. Even a free email course can bring your tons of profits (I’ll answer how in a later post) and grow your email list so that you can market and upsell to that list.
What should I do?
I’m glad you asked, but I think you already have an idea. That’s right; you need to create an eCourse that fits the niche and general topic of your blog. It doesn’t matter what you blog about, if your niche is popular then it is ripe for an ecourse. For example, if you’re blogging on the broad topic of Parenting you might want to consider the major concerns of soon to be or new parents, such as how to balance life between kids, family, home, and career, or how to be a super couponer and save tons at the grocery store.
Or, if you’re blogging about cooking or recipes you might want to create a course on how to create a week’s worth of heart healthy meals, or how to create your own cookbook full of your “German/Mexican/French” family recipes.
By surveying your blog visitors, reading other blogs in your niche, reading the comments on your posts and as well on the blogs you visit to find concerns of the people in your niche, you can come up with several ecourse ideas.
Grab my free mini course and over the course of a week I will deliver to your email a daily lesson to help you create an awesome ecourse that you can use to incorporate the 5 C’s of blogging into your own blog.